Disclaimer: Some content is available only to the community members, please log in/register and join our community to see more.
Groundwater is invisible, and yet its impact is visible everywhere. It is a hidden treasure that enriches our lives. Groundwater may be out of sight, but it must not be out of mind.
The UN-Water Summit on Groundwater 2022 aims to bring attention to groundwater at the highest international level, referring to the UN World Water Development Report 2022 as a baseline and using the SDG 6 Global Acceleration Framework as a guideline to define actions towards more responsible and sustainable use and protection of groundwater. The Summit will unify the statements from all major water-related events in 2022 into one comprehensive groundwater message for the UN Water Conference 2023.
The Summit will foster discussions on the governance of groundwater resources to mitigate impacts of climate change and realizing the full potential linked to groundwater while ensuring sustainability.
The Community is established initially to support these discussions, taking place during the official sessions of the Summit by providing an online space linked to each session for collecting ideas, contributions, and further debates on the topic of the session and its conclusion.
In this space we are aiming to capture latest developments and catalyse contributions on topics linked to the groundwater governance from local to global level among our members. Stay tuned for future opportunities of discussions, interactions, knowledge sharing and much more in the coming months!
Community Admins and Moderators
Our community has several moderators who are keen to ensure that the community discussions and materials respect the agreed guidelines. Please reach out to our moderators in case you have any concerns:
Radwan, Mahmoud, email@example.com;
Dumont, Aurélien, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The community is initially established in the framework of the UN-Water Groundwater Summit 2022. The main organizers of the Summit and initial conveners of this community are:
- UNESCO Intergovernmental Hydrological Programme (IHP),
- International Groundwater Resources Assessment Centre (IGRAC),
- Global Water Partnership (GWP)
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some guidelines for participation.
The Code of Conduct below lays out the goals, rules, and values that guide participant behaviour in the Transboundary Water Knowledge Exchange Hub, which is meant to be a space where diverse individuals can collaborate and interact in a positive and affirming way specifically on topics relevant to transboundary water management and governance towards a water secure world.
By joining and using this community space, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to community in which it is meant to be utilized.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and meaningful dialogue, GWP reserves the right to moderate, delete, and modify posts that do not follow the provisions listed below. In addition, GWP may discipline and/or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these important guidelines and rules. If you have questions, contact the member of the Toolbox Admin team at email@example.com.
Code of Conduct
- Keep it friendly. Every post should make a positive contribution. The Community is open to all points of view on the intended topics; mature, polite debate is encouraged. Attacks or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated. The Communities are meant to stimulate conversation and trigger the exchange of best practices, and not to create contention. Contradictory opinions are of course welcomed, but should always be thoughtful and respectful, rather than emotional, impulsive or anger-driven.
- Use clear language. Avoid using abbreviations and acronyms without clarifications. Aim to make experts and non-experts benefit from your input.
- Write succinctly to get your point across more effectively. Include a link to external content when appropriate.
- Keep the focus on on the thematic area of the community. The Communities are dedicated to topics that revolve around improving water management and governance towards a water secure world and can include cross cutting areas such as youth, gender and private sector engagement; it is not a place to share general news or for political debate.
- Share information and resources that are useful and informative to other members. Be careful not to offend the sensibilities or invade the privacy of others.
- Do not interrupt someone else’s thread in an attempt to change the topic or request support for a different issue. If you have a different issue, find the appropriate discussion thread or community for your issue.
- Do not chastise new users/newbies for asking questions or posting comments that may already be answered elsewhere. We get new participants in the Communities every day, please welcome them and make them feel like part of the community.
- Avoid posting hollow or useless replies, such as simply 'lol', ‘cool', 'first post', etc. Only post responses when you have something to contribute. Please use the like button to appreciate someone’s post.
- Intimidation, bullying, or harassment are not tolerated. See the Code of Conduct for more details.
- Racial or ethnic slurs, aggressive language, profanity, threats, or language that is offensive to other cultures, groups, or religions is not tolerated. See the Code of Conduct below for more details.
- Do not use the Community to promote or sell a product, service, or business unless it is relevant to the community channel.
- Copyrighted materials should not be shared without permission from the original publisher or author. Links to original materials may be shared when attributed to the owner.
- Do not use the Community to make funding requests, except in relevant channels.
- Do not provide instructions or advice that you know to be incorrect, intentionally misleading, or harmful.
- Do not attempt to create the impression that you are a GWP staff employee, nor imply that you are providing GWP support in an official capacity.
- Be honest, be yourself. The Community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between Members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your Community participation by only contributing content you know is accurate. Be mindful to respect the "closed" environment of GWP’s online communities and do not forward messages to non-members.
- Do not post content containing personal or private information in public spaces; use direct messaging to share these sorts of details with specific people. This is for your security and protection.